Monday, September 19, 2016

My Week of Wearing Dresses

I chose to do a week of wearing only dresses or skirts. Why? I don't really know, it just kind of fell into my head one day as an idea for a weeker. I do, I feel, have a lot of really cute dresses and skirts, so I guess may be I just wanted to put them to good use too.


So, every day for 7 days I wore a dress or skirt. I chose a week where there wasn't any camping, beaching, or riding involved, just kind of a chill week. Though I must say, picking a thousand beans from my garden and taking a recycling load to the dump wearing a tutu skirt did make me feel a little impractical...

The overall results from it?

I loved it!! Here's why:

1. I saved so much time and energy.
I loved not having a ton of choices on what to wear. I didn't have to spend all that time on the dreaded question "what do I wear today?" And I also didn't change in and out of clothes second guessing my choice. Dresses especially being a one item choice was particularly wonderful. I've been reading and pinning a lot about minimalist wardrobes or capsule wardrobes, and I think this kind of gave me a taste of that freedom. It was so refreshing to not have to exert all that effort in deciding a top and bottom from hundreds (slight exaggeration) of clothing options I have.

2. It made me feel pretty.
How can you not feel this way when you're wearing a dress? I have so much more to downsize in my wardrobe, but as far as my dresses go I feel they are totally minimized for the time being, AKA I only have dresses/skirts that I love and feel pretty in. So, I wore stuff every day that I loved and felt pretty in! It brought about an ambiance of class to my life.

3. I matched my daughter
She loves wearing dresses, so when I also chose to wear a dress she was overjoyed! We both loved matching each other.

4. It was comfy.
I forgot how comfortable maxi skirts are especially. They are a perfect lounge about ensemble.


I'll probably do this weeker again I loved it so much.



Heaven's slice is wearing a pretty dress.



No comments: