Sunday, May 8, 2016

Throne of a Mother





















A familiar creak lies in the crooks of it's spring,
That brings such comfort in the deep of the night.
This is where I was rocked, held, and hugged.
And where many sleeps fought a good fight.
My mother sang songs and soothed many tears,
She rubbed tummies and spoke sweet sayings.
More than just a chair, for me it bore up
A nurturing heart with it's prayings.
Blessed and grateful, this chair is now mine,
Sitting in the corner as a baby room's staple.
I hold them close and kiss their sweet faces.
And I read to them many a fable.

This chair has held so much of love,
In it's thirty plus years with a mother.
It's the throne of a woman higher than a Queen,
And I hope it seats many another.




Heaven's slice wishes every nurturer (woman) a Happy Mother's Day!!












2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi julie, again, another post that makes me cry and laugh. i always hated that creaking
sound in the springs of that chair, because when i would try to get up out of the chair, it would make that noise even louder and wake up my sleeping baby! i am so glad the chair is
getting used and that you enjoy it. it is 36 years old and we have replaced the spring
twice, but to no avail, it still squeaks. love you. mom.

Unknown said...

That's funny, the chair must have been built to squeak! So glad I have it, but yes, I will admit the need for ninja skills in getting up from it without waking the baby... love you!