Saturday, January 30, 2016

I Want A Tophent!

Every morning my 2 year old daughter would declare this as she sat down for breakfast. I had no idea what the heck a tophent was! Through sad tears of misunderstanding and a lot of thoughts and guessings by me, I finally figured out what this word meant. A tophent is a 'Talk from the Prophet.' Honestly, I think it's a wonderful condensed version of what it is and feel that my daughter is a bit of a genius for coming up with it. You see, I had missed watching some general conference talks from the October 2015 General Conference and had been catching up by watching them on the iPad during breakfasts with her. Once I was caught up, that breakfast routine stopped, and that is when my daughter started protesting that she wanted a tophent.

I can't fully express how much I love general conferences and words from our modern day prophets through the talks they give. No matter the session, no matter the prophet giving it, I always gain something needed for my soul. Whether it's humility, gratitude, hope, peace, strength, comfort, security, ambition, motivation, or just a greater perspective, I receive it. 

I am so grateful for modern day revelation that is given through prophets of god that can give us the knowledge and insight to aid us in understanding more of Christ's teachings. To live in an era where prophets exist and can help guide us to where we desire to be is truly blessed. It's being given a flashlight in the dark night of the world.



Heaven's slice is prophets and modern-day revelation.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just needed to comment on this, I would comment one EVERYONE of these blogs (I don't like
that word) but I can not write down my thoughts like you. Lottie-Jo stayed at
granmas and grandpas on Thursday, well she witnessed her granma getting upset with
grandpa. After I left the room she gave grandpa a big hug and she came and found me
and said "Gamma need to communicate," in her very little girl voice. At first I really
didn't hear what she said so I asked her to say it again. "you talk to gampa, you
need to communicate. no yell. Well now I thought how did she ever learn how to say
something like that. I just marveled at how smart she was. Now that I have read your blog,
she was listening to the conference talks and she knew what to say. Smart girl, she takes
after her mom and dad who are raising her in a gospel filled home. Don't stop what you
are doing, love mom

Unknown said...

Wow. This story is amazing, thank you so much for sharing!!!! She really is a genius. Thank you so much for your kind words :) Love you too!