Tuesday, December 29, 2015

My Gift

This is the 3rd year where I have selected a particular goal to finish by Christmas as a gift to my Saviour. After I achieve this goal as my gift to Him, it always turns into a gift for myself somehow. It nourishes my spirit and calms my heart. It has been a deliverer of peace during the Christmas season.




My gift this year was to have THE LIVING CHRIST memorized. I squoze in the time whilst caring for my little ones, carefully memorizing each inspiring sentence. In the back of my mind I had envisioned some sort of presentation that would come of it; a recitement in front of my family for Christmas morning or perhaps a special family home evening of some sort. This type of publicized event did not come, but a more perfect setting did present itself...

I had it completely memorized right down to the signatures by December 23rd. In the late evening, I found myself alone in the house; My husband was gone, due to come back late that night, and my 2 kidlets were just settled in their beds fast asleep. Alone in the kitchen, I started to have one of those overwhelming moments that I get every so often. My heart holds it's beat and my eyes start tenderly filling with tears; a moment of deep deep gratitude ensues. My husband. My daughter. My son. All mine. How I ever found favour enough to receive such an insurmountable blessing of being a wife and a mother to this family, I will never understand. It was in this moment I felt a prompting that this was the time to give my gift. With a voice humbled and quivering, I recited THE LIVING CHRIST out loud. I stared into my living room of glowing Christmas lights, a tree holding the handprints of my babies, a standing plaque of mod podged pictures of baby Jesus, a string of cards given from family and dear friends, and photos on the wall of what matters most. This was Christmas. This was my gift. It was given standing in my kitchen wearing ragged pyjamas. My hair was undone. My makeup was off. It wasn't wrapped pretty nor was it grandiose... But neither is a stable and a manger.

Even given to us in the most humble birth, Jesus Christ will always remain the greatest gift we will ever receive.


CLICK HERE TO READ THE LIVING CHRIST



Heaven's slice is our Saviour.




No comments: