Friday, December 18, 2015

How to Spend Less at Christmas




Well, I've found the secret to spending less at Christmas time. Are you ready to know what it is?!



You GIVE more.



Yep, that's it folks.


But BECAUSE I love the joyous sound of each stroke on my piano of letters, I shall type me up some paragraphs...


Over the past 10ish years I've noticed that December is one of those weird months. With all the expenses that Christmas can conjure, (most especially when you're married and have 2 families involved) it's no doubt that you worry about how much money is going out your door. On the flip side, December is also the month where you embark in the season of giving; Donating not only money, but time, smiles, compassion etc. Oddly enough, the month where you worry about money spent, is also the month where you joyfully give more of your dollars. The result is shocking - the expenses don't break the bank at all! In fact, when it's all said and done, you prove to be thriving! Truly. Giving more genuinely and generously with that Christ-like compassion actually blesses you financially. Obviously I'm not talking about when you spend excessive over the top non-needed gifts to people, but those dollars spent towards others that truly make a difference charity wise (Just thought I'd clarify in case you were tempted to go out and buy me that 5 star all-inclusive Hawaii vacation...) Though it is predicted to be stormy weather in December, it turns out smooth sailing.

Why is this? Well personally I have come to know it is actually the workings of a much higher power than you or I. God's hand touches our efforts and in turn blesses the giver. I've learned this through paying TITHING. I've had miracles happen by following this command. Money has become tight at times in my life, and as I've made sure to pay this regardless, a window has always opened. I've been ever-so blessed immediately after paying tithing, yes, even and especially financially. This is all due to the hand of the Lord, the only explanation.

My mother told me about this talk she stumbled upon called WHY GIVING MATTERS. The speaker is an economist who was setting out to prove that the more money you made the more money you gave. Though this was true, he stumbled upon the strange truth that the more you gave the more money you made as well. Even he, an economist, didn't understand why this was, but yet, it is. Giving more begets getting more. Even when it comes to $$ signs. It's a great speech, so click on it and read or listen to it will ya?!!

How blessed we are as human beings in the service of others. Doing good matters. Loving matters. GIVING, matters! I need to step up my game.

READ or Listen to it though, seriously, it's wonderful.




Heaven's slice is giving.









No comments: