Saturday, November 28, 2015

Lifting Up or Pulling Down?

Is what you're doing, saying, keeping, making, eating or purchasing lifting you up or pulling you down?



Since becoming a Mommy I don't get a whole lot of time to myself anymore, so I've found that I'm becoming a lot more careful and conscious of what I do with the "me time" I do get. There are so many things that pull me down, but also many other things that lift me up. More and more I'm listening to my sensitive heart with the time I'm spending on things.

Do I feel lifted?
There's a surge of energy that gives a skip to your step almost as if you're spirit is lifting your outer body shell and moving it forward effortlessly. You feel giddy, excited, motivated, and optimistic. It's like you're literally lifted 2 feet off the ground.

Do I feel pulled?
There's a drain of energy that drags your step like your spirit is trying to keep your outer body from doing this. You feel guilty, unmotivated, and pessimistic. It's like you're literally being pulled down 2 feet into the ground.

We live in such a blessed era and location where technologies and advances have made everything so readily accessible. It can be overwhelming to try to choose only a few things to devote our time to, but I think it can be as simple as this: if we feel lifted - do it,  if we feel pulled down - don't do it.

With so many things that lift our souls, why would we ever choose to feel pulled down?
I think the biggest reason is caring too much about what people think or what we think others think and expect from us.

Your youth is a time to explore, to try every hobby, sport, and artistic venture, but I think once you hit your twenties you should start focusing in on the things that are you; the things that lift you. It's about magnifying what your specific skills, talents, and passions are.

Expressing to yourself or others what your talents are doesn't mean you're declaring that your are an expert in them, it simply means that you love doing those things. Meanwhile, stating that you don't have a passion for other pursuits doesn't mean you dislike them or dislike the people that do them. In fact, I think the more you focus in on your own talents you become more grateful for those people who posses talents which you do not have. You're no longer measuring yourself up to them, but instead truly viewing them in their glorious capacities and can then generate an actual genuine compliment (not the one's where you're like "if only I was as good as you are at this" type non-compliment).

I've found as I am editing out the "stuff" in my life and my home I'm becoming more and more enlightened in identifying my talents - that which uplifts me. --> watch out for future post on "getting rid of 465 things in 30 days".

I personally feel like you can't lift anyone up if you're being pulled down yourself, so it becomes a vital necessity when you give of yourself to others to be pre-uplifted.




Heaven's slice is lifting up others.






No comments: