Sunday, July 12, 2015

Bright Copper Kettles...

These are a few of my favourite things!


Sentimental Song Edition


These songs hold some deep memories, click on them to have a listen!


Tommy James and The Shondels - I Think We're Alone Now
Reminds me of my childhood as I listened to a lot of oldies in the truck and tractor when I was little. Tommy James and The Shondels have a ton of awesome hits, but this one was always my favourite.


Let It Go - Tim Mcgraw
I was warming up my (dad's) horse in the arena at my parents before roping practise and having heard this song on the radio earlier that day it had gotten completely stuck in my head. This song just takes me back sitting in the saddle walking circles and belting out "I'm gonna let it go-ooo-o yeah," in complete merriment. It was just an ordinary regular occurrence in my life, but this song has held the memory frozen(pun non-intentional) in time somehow all these years later.


Me and you - Kenny Chesney
My wonderful boyfriend made a slideshow of us featuring this song ending with a most important life-changing question at the end. It was one of many of our songs, but definitely the most sentimental to me.


My Kindness Shall Not Depart From Thee
This song sung at this time was at the end of a fireside broadcast I went to and holds a lot of emotion for me. The song still gives me chills every time I hear it. Details of that fireside and leading up to it are too personal and sacred to me to share, but I just had to include this song on this list. (the song starts at 1:52)



Heaven's Slice is music that tugs at the heart.





No comments: