Thursday, May 8, 2014

Just For Me

I love writing poems, especially for someone else. A few years back, I wrote a poem for my mom for Mother's Day and I thought I'd share it with you during this special time of year.





Just For Me

You see when God created children, He planned so carefully.
This person, who would care for us, would be the best that there could be.
With a smile that lights up the world, and a look that tugs at the heart;
There needed to be someone that would be with them from the start.

He needed someone bold, who would dare to take this role.
He needed someone kind that could mend a troubled soul.
A kiss would heal wounds, and a hug would stop fears.
A touch would make a memory, and a word would chase tears.

He could not choose just anyone; it had to be just right.
This person was particular for each child in his sight.
She was his pride creation, ‘A mother’ she would be called;
There to care for the helpless, and give life to those who fall.

So when God created you, He made you just for me,
And a mother always will you be called, for a mother you were meant to be.

By Julie Jensen





Feel free to use it! But please give credit where credit is due (i.e. the author's name imbedded in). If you have any questions regarding usage of it feel free to ask.

p.s. my mother is awesome. (love you mom!)


Heaven's slice is mothers.


No comments: