Thursday, November 6, 2014

Trick or Treat

I was so excited for this Halloween since my little one's walking around now and would get to go trick or treating for the first time! I was also excited to make good use of our dirt lawn as my hubs (I DID help a little) put up our homemade tombstones.

We get a LOT of trick or treaters; at some points you just have to leave your door open, as there's no point shutting it when you have to shut it in the next groups face (rude). 

My daughter was pretty serious most of the night, but she never got scared thank goodness! I think she was just soaking everything in as to why all these mini-adults were dressed up so weird. I'd been preparing her for the candy all week by giving her a bit of chocolate everyday (GREAT parenting I know), so that her body could adjust well to what the potential sugar overdose would do to her on halloween. (she DID go to bed somewhat close to her bedtime very willingly, though she was ready for the day again come an hour and a half later...).

Of course another reason for my elation was our family theme'd costumes, but most especially hers! I only get to dress her how I want for just a few precious years before she gets her own opinion, so I thought I'd better get an ewok checked off the list!















And a retro one from last year



Heaven's slice is embracing the holidays.

No comments: